New on Sports Illustrated: Sabrina Ionescu Undergoes Ankle Procedure, Eyes Return in 2021


Ionescu: "With the long offseason, I am committed to returning in 2021 fully prepared to rejoin my team and jumpstart my WNBA career."

New York Liberty guard Sabrina Ionescu underwent a "minor ankle procedure," on Monday, the team announced

Ionescu injured her ankle in her third career game on July 31, two days after a 33-point performance against the Dallas Wings. Her injury was deemed a high-ankle sprain, and she missed the remainder of New York's 2020 season. 

“With the long offseason, I am committed to returning in 2021 fully prepared to rejoin my team and jumpstart my WNBA career,” Ionescu said in a statement on Monday. “My rehab has been going very well and I look forward to getting back on the court.”

Ionescu was selected with the No. 1 pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft in April. She was a two-time Wooden Award winner at Oregon, and she is the only Division I player to ever record 2,000 points, 1,000 assists and 1,000 rebounds in a career. 

New York will hope to get a boost from Ionescu in her first full season in 2021. The Liberty finished 2–20 in 2020, failing to reach the playoffs for the third straight season. 


November 03, 2020 at 05:24AM
Sabrina Ionescu Undergoes Ankle Procedure, Eyes Return in 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for sharing your views. I hope you like the arts posted.

Alzheimer's / Dementia News From Medical News Today

Highlights Today !

Salma Hayek portrait

  Salma Hayek Hi all, This Salma Hayek portrait is made on an A4 size brustro paper with the help of charcoal and graphite pencils. You can ...

Most viewed post